Saturday, March 22, 2014

I'm honored to be nominated for the Lighthouse Award


I was honored to receive this award

I’d like to thank author Aya  Walksfar at http://www.ayawalksfar.com/ for nominating me for The Lighthouse Award.
I love what this award stands for: #bloggers who like to help! It always feels so good to be recognized, thank you Aya for nominating me for my efforts to help animals.

Writing is my gift that I use to help promoting my fellow authors and with my “Read for Animals” project, help animals in need and the dedicated work of animal shelters and hospices.


#readforanimals
I was thinking about how to help animals in shelters and in animal hospices other than donating money I could afford. What can I do as a writer to help animals in need? I had an idea. I'm a writer; I can write, sell the book and donate the money - after publishing fees - to animal shelters. I started putting together the short stories I have written the past few years and asked my animal lover author, poet and artist friends if they'd like to participate in my “Read for Animals” project. The response was overwhelming, the stories and poems started flooding in and together we made this book possible to help our furry, scaly and feathered friends.
Some of the stories we put together in this anthology will make you laugh out loud; others will warm your heart and perhaps make you cry. Some stories are true and the fantasy stories will make you think, what if? Each author and poet brings their unique writing style to this anthology for a good cause. Enjoy the book, and thank you for helping our furry, scaly and feathered friends in need by purchasing this book.


Contributors to this book:
Authors, poets, animal lovers: Erika M Szabo, Lorinda J. Taylor, Cindy J. Smith, Jeanne E. Rogers, Zrinka Jelic, Patrick O'Scheen, Kristine Raymond, Shebat Legion, Sandra Novelly, Shannon Sonneveldt, Julie Davis Dundas, Linda Whitehead Humbert, Debbie D. (Doglady) . Artist: Klarissa Kocsis

BLOG:

FACEBOOK PAGE:

The ebook is available on Amazon:

The full color print:

My name is Erika M Szabo
I’ve been writing Alternative Medicine related books in English and Hungarian. I love healing as passionately as I love to write and read. Growing up with a father who was a closet reader (having a macho image allowed him to read only in secret which he shared with me after I caught him reading my book ‘The lady of the camellias’ and he left a few teardrops on the pages) he introduced me to many great books. I was playing with the idea of writing a fantasy story peppered with historical facts for a while. The history of the Huns always fascinated me - they were my ancestors - although I decided that it was a stupid idea after I started reading about how to write a fiction book - I am not a literary genius, I have no idea how to create a good story line or form characters and make up a plot - I thought, but the idea didn’t leave me alone. I kept adding events and dialogs in my head to Ilona’s story.
Not knowing how to do something properly had never prevented me from a accepting a good challenge before, so I sat down by the computer and began writing. I've never been good at following rules or formulas, therefore I discarded the instructions and I made up my own rules. I began writing Ilona's story as a diary. Just for my own enjoyment, writing down the ideas that are swirling in my head is far better than being haunted by them. I thought. I kept writing for months, and soon I realized that I never had so much fun doing anything in my life before.

My books:
Genre: fantasy/suspense/mystery

(Available in one book and separately book 1 Foresight and book 2 Acceptance) Read more on my WEBSITE

Coming of age, a door closed in Ilona’s life and a door opened toward an uncertain future. Ilona is a doctor, born into an ancient tribe which still exists hidden amongst us with its fiercely enforced rules. She doesn’t know much about her heritage besides legends and rituals, but begins to remember the forgotten instructions concealed as rhymes. She has been secretly and hopelessly in love with her best friend, when fate brings Zoltan into her life.  The sudden magnetic feeling frightens her. Will he break her heart, or will he bring true happiness? She discovers growing magical abilities within her in the strange world of the Huns, which are beyond her wildest dreams. She can use her given gifts for absolute good or absolute evil; the choice is up to her. A sinister dark man appears, Ilona connects his presence with the series of mysterious deaths around her. Ilona is determined to control and guide her own life. Resourceful and daring, she crosses the line and breaks the sacred rules. She must face the consequences, which prompts her to start fitting the puzzle pieces together and discovering the ancient tribal secrets that not only can change her future, but the future of her people as well.
You can find me:

The Lighthouse Award requires that a blogger:
• Display the Award Certificate on your blog.
• Write a post and link back to the blogger that nominated you.
• Inform your nominees of their award nominations.
• Share three ways that you like to help others.
• Nominate as many bloggers as you like.

When I think about all the people who #blog and who make helping others a large part of their lives, there are too many to list. But here are some that I nominate for The Lighthouse Award:

Lorinda J. Taylor for volunteering to do the painstaking work of editing the “Read for Animals” project’s book.

Jeanne E. Rogers for educating people about endangered animals

Roy Murry for his tireless effort of promoting fellow authors

No comments:

Post a Comment